Re: [VAL] TEST

Bill,

I follow the www.airstreamforums.com threads and am in the final stages
of getting ready to order an axle for my 1971 18' Caravel from Axis in
Elkhart, IN. I have three early 70's Airstreams and all the axles are
hardened to the point that the ride is damaging the trailers. So all of
them are getting new axles. If this first order works out, I'll order
the rest. The alternate source (as far as I can tell from all my
reading) is Dexter, but they are significantly more expensive (but still
a lot more reasonable than getting a Henschen axle through Inland RV).

I'll probably get electric brakes for the Caravel, but will get disks
for the other two (and longer) trailers. The cost for a fully rigged
axle from Axis (electric brakes) is $366 plus shipping.

Roger
Palmer Lake, CO