Re: [VAL] Dexter axle

Rob - for what it's worth, I changed the axle on a '56 Bubble (drop
axle) with a straight Dexter with brakes - the Bubble had no brakes,
just the break-away (surge?). It resulted in more ground clearance
which was desirable as the newly installed holding tanks hang a bit
low. No problem with the axle, brakes, hubs, etc and I think
installation and all was maybe $600 but I should double check that. A
local livestock trailer outfit did it, plug installation of the Prodigy
controller in the truck and the 7-prong system and brake-away
installation, battery, etc., not part of the $600 however.
Jo Ann