Re: [VAL] Brake magnet disc

Steve,
It is my understanding that if a rivet, bucked or pulled has any slop in it,
it is going to wear and break dropping the shop head or the collapsed part
of a pulled rivet inside ,in this case the wheel hub, or it will enlarge the
hole to the point that the head no longer holds and pulls through. All
dependant on the shear force of the joined pieces, and the strength,
composition, and or alloy of the rivet used. However, I have been wrong
before and I'm sure I will be again but I'll take my rivets tight.
 I apologize if  mis- read your post, " (Pop) Rivets are not designed to be
a "loosey-goosey" fit for
whatever they are attaching.  Bucked rivets - yes, but pulled pop rivets -
no."  but I read it to say bucked rivets were designed to fit loose.
Sincerely,
Earl