RE: [VAL] Brake magnet disc

<Glad to hear that the bucked rivets holding my airplane together are ok to
be loosey-goosey, they all seem to be pretty tight, might have to loosen
them up a bit.  Lets re-think this.>

Earl,

Go ahead and re-think it, think it till it is a square peg (rivet, bucked
even) in a round hole.

A pop-rivet is never supposed to attach two pieces together that are
designed to have a slip fit.  A bucked rivet can handle the stresses.

I never said that bucked rivets are SUPPOSED to be loosey-goosey.  Paying
attention to the topic during its entire life would have given you the
information that the rivets were holding an item that was currently a slop
fit.  It was not supposed to have a slop fit but because it was a bucked
rivet it was able to keep the item from falling off of the backing plate and
into the inside of the drum.

Steve