Re: [VAL] TV antenna hook up

I recently replaced the worm gear in our 1979 Skyliner antenna, so that
it now raises, lowers, and has nearly 360 degrees of rotation. Kit was
~ $7 from Oasis RV and took 20 minutes to install. The reason the old
one failed is the P.O. greased the gears. The grease is bound to
collect dust and grit in short order, gum up, and well, you can imagine
the rest. No lube needed on nylon gears!
  I also abandoned the old (and in rough shape) twin lead wire in favor
of new RG-6 coax. The coax runs to a splitter, which in turn feeds the
TV and the stereo. ~$15 total. I'm amazed by the improvement in
reception over rabbit ears.

Chris Koehn
25 miles from Burlington, VT in the Greens and pulling in all the
networks..