Re: [VAL] Fridge vent cover, my next project

    Earl, Gerald, Mitch, Rik, Hunter and all,

    Thanks for all your thoughts on the subject.  I think I'll go with my
first instinct and fit the 28" vent cover centered over where the smaller
one was.

    Before doing that I'll need to remove all the silver roofing tar or what
ever it is that someone slathered all over the Vulkem sealing the vent
itself, the old cover rivet holes and the roof fan vent.  What a sloppy
mess.  Looking at that quality of workmanship adds new meaning to the term
trailer trash, which category our Airstreams and their owners certainly
don't belong in.

    So it's off with the old crud first, rebed everything properly, fill the
six old vent cover holes and on with the new cover.  I'll be taking
production shots of the entire ordeal if anyone is interested.

    By the way, the old vent cover is in tact but was getting chalky and
soft to the touch, having lost what I assume was some amount of rigidity
when new.  That's why the decision and effort to replace with a nice
aluminum one once and for all.

    Why were the covers made larger from 24" to 28" anyway?

    Glyn