Re: [VAL] Shiny Airstreams

The International WBCCI  Rally was held in this town in 78-79.
Temperatures during the rally were a 100 degrees or more. An area RV
dealer brought in a number of used Airstreams, anticipating some sales
I suspect.  I stopped at the  lot and there were two trailers parked
side by side, one a 31 ft, 1975 Airstream and the other a  75', 30ft
Argosy.  I was curious as to how hot these units were on the inside.
Both were closed up tight-doors, windows & vents.  Both were unlocked
so I went into the unpainted Airstream and what a blast of heat.  I
then went into the Argosy and it was significantly cooler.  This proved
to me the painted trailer was much cooler and  my conclusion  was
because of the  paint.    Incidentally  I checked with attendant I he
said no one had been in either unit.  He had unlocked the doors but did
not open them.

roy Lashway