[VAL] Shiny Airstreams

Speaking of shiny Airstream roofs, thought you might appreciate this
one.

At the rally we were just at (Russian River - Duncans Mills CA), we got
back to the trailer Friday afternoon after a day of activities, and
noticed a long thin melted area on the Astro-turf in front of the
trailer.  Dang, what did that?  Did someone spill gas on our turf?

Next day, we get back again about about 3PM - and now there are holes in
the Astro-turf!  What gives?  is someone BBQ'ing on our site while we're
out?

Sunday morning we are all sitting in front of the trailer talking and
mentioned the mystery, and Shirley Manning commented that it was
probably from the reflection off the trailer.  Sure enough, 10:30 AM
rolls around and the reflection starts to slowly focus into a broad beam
right at the point of the damage. Needless to say we rolled up the tarp
right then and there.

The trailer was polished over 4 years ago, and is not a mirror, but I
guess the sun angle & right trailer surface aligned just right for about
30 minutes a day...

Later,
RJ Dial