Re: [VAL] Generator Transfer Switch

Rik,

While playing around with my Honda 2200 I decided to
see exactly what my A/C would draw on start-up using
shorepower. I checked using an AMP clamp and it was
around 21.2 amps. In theory, I can't see why your idea
won't work. But, and someone who knows more about this
than me will have to answer. What are the
ramifications of short cycling the A/C unit on
transfer? And the big question. If you have shore
power, why would you want to do this? I can see the
reasoning with a 2 genset scenario, but not
shorepower. I know when anchored in my boat, the last
thing I want to hear in an anchorage is a genset
running.

Regards,

Brett