[VAL] Generator Transfer Switch

Has anyone had any experience with a generator transfer switch? To be
more specific, I am wondering about running an Airstream a/c with a
Honda EU2000i generator, which puts out 1600 watts (13.3 amps)
continuous. I had in mind a switch so that the a/c could be started on
shore power -- with plenty of power available for the starting load --
then switched over to the genny after it is running. Does anyone have
any experience with or opinions about this plan?

In the same vein -- I know some of you run two EU2000i gennys coupled
together. After the a/c starts, can you shut one of the gennys off and
have the a/c continue to run on just one?

Best regards,

Rik