RE: [VAL] Powerstroke - static shock

My wife has a '95 Ranger XL.  I hate the truck both because it is a Ford
(don't even respond) and because between about the end of September until
around May I get static shocked every single time I touch it.  When I walk
up and put the key in the lock I get shocked.  Then I pull the key out and
lift the handle and I get shocked.  Then I open the door and climb in.  Then
I pull the door shut.  The inside handle is upholstered.  Then I put the key
in the ignition and get a smaller shock.  Then when I put my left arm up on
the top of the inside door edge I get ANOTHER smaller shock.

I refuse to drive it or ride in it when it starts doing that for the winter.
My wife might get shocked a time or two in a month of driving it as her
daily driver.

I think that there is a grounding strap that is A) missing or not
reconnected from being serviced, B) corroded, or C) broken.

Anyway, I hate the truck, evidently it doesn't like me either.

Steve Jones