[VAL] broken pipes

It looks like we won't be getting our 65 Caravel going at all this  year.
Every time we attempted to fill the water tank it would run right  out the over
flow.  I pulled it to an AS dealer about 2 hours from  here.  He informs me
that the guy we paid to winterize it last year didn't  pump the "pink stuff"
through the system.  He says all the pipes are broken  and probably the water
heater too.  The initial estimate to just start is  $1000.  I'm not sure how he
knows all the pipes are broken as he hasn't  torn anything down to look.  It's
been there a week and though I told him  to go ahead nothing has been started
yet.

Any ideas?

Should I just go get it?  I have trouble getting this guy on the phone  on a
regular basis.  I think he might just keep it all winter.

Any way any of this might be covered by any type of insurance?   Homeowners
or trailer policy?  Forget about the trailer guy who winterized  it.  He has
moved and doesn't answer the phone.  He had a bottle of  Wild Turkey on his desk
when we picked up our As last fall.  I should have  checked things out then :(