[VAL] can propane go bad?

Of course I don't mean bad as in writing checks on their mother's
checking account or kissing and telling all. I mean can propane
lose it's burnability over time? We took the camper out for the
second time this weekend. It still has the same propane from 18
years ago, which is when it was used last. The hot water heater
lost its flame two times, the oven pilot and stove pilots went out
five or six times, and the furnace flame quit three times. Both the
hot water heater and the furnace flames died while running, the
pilot light goes out and then the gas gets shut off because the
pilot light isn't heating the sensor. Before I purchase various
sensors and orifices for the different appliances I thought I would
check with the group. Anyone ever been in this boat before?
  Joe