[VAL] pump cycles

Finally I put water in my new nylon tank and turned on my new shurflo pump
and started pushing water thru the new Pex tubing. I had only replaced the
copper for about four feet, to get rid of two leaks and to make up the
changes that came from ditching the steel cylindrical tank (with rust hole)
for a square nylon one. I have also patched three other leaks in the copper
until next spring until I do a complete change over with the Pex tubing. I
cut out the split copper and put in heavy duty hose. Now my question, when
the pump is turned on it runs up to pressure and then quits for about 95
seconds, then it comes on for a second or maybe even just a half second,
then it sits for 95 seconds and then goes again. I know I have a slow leak
somewhere, I have looked at all my patches and looks everywhere I can see
the plumbing and there is no dripping or spray that I can see. Here are my
options.
  1. Do nothing, only turn on the pump when I am showering, running water
in a pan, or getting a drink of water.
  2. Continue to look, leave the system on for several hours and then look
harder.
  3. Drain the system and put in the pink antifreeze hoping that will show
the leak.
  My question for the group is which of the three would you try or is there
some other option I didn't think of.

  Joe in Wyoming.