[VAL] Tow Vehicle

 My brain is starting to dream of a different tow vehicle.     I won't be
buying new or some $40,000 rig either.     I'm not quite ready to buy but I do
like to be looking around for a "deal".    I like to have the facts in advance
so when opportunity comes knocking I have sense enough to know it.  Whatever I
buy will also   serve as my primary transportation too.    I do pull a 3-horse
slant horsetrailer too but that weight does not compare with my 31' Excella,
5,300 pounds dry weight per the title.      I am still busy selling real
estate (28 years) to make a living so......................all that
considered, if anyone has some words of wisdom I will put them in my "tow
vehicle"  dreaming efile for future reference.       Was disappointed in my
'97 Chevy Suburban when I pulled through the little mountains in Oklahoma, I'd
be almost scared to pull to Klondyke, Arizona (up in the high desert area)
where my friends are trying to get me to bring  my trailer out there.   My
Suburban is a half ton and has over 150,000 miles on it.    It has a tranny
cooler and I had a charge line put on for the batteries in the A/S, new 7
prong plug in for the elect trailer brakes.    Before I got the plug in that
trailer would slam that Chevy in the rear end.    Glad I never had to do a
quick stop....wouldn't have happened.
Looking forward to pulling my A/S to the big music festival in Winfield, Ks
www.wvfest.com    I'll get to live in my trailer for about 10 days,   I am
sure looking forward to this.    Only had the trailer out on one other trip,
south of Ft. Worth, Texas to the music festival at Glenn Rose, Tx.    Was a
pretty good trip except for when the Wal-Mart semi decided he wanted in the
lane where me and the A/S were already in, not sure yet how that all worked
out but I let him have the lane.     Wish I had gotten his truck number cause
I would sure have turned him in, I was shaking so hard I couldn't breath.
I'm sure all of you have similar stories of close calls.
Barb in Wichita, Ks