Re: [VAL] vexing plumbing leak

Well I've found it. It's the shower trap. I removed the access panel in
front and could just stick my hand down in there. This explains the
intermittent nature of the leak.
I pulled out the shower pan last year, reinforced it with fiberglass
and painted it with epoxy paint. I must have damaged something or
created a leak when I glued on the new PVC drain components.
I REALLY don't want to pull the shower back out. I've overlapped the
pan with vinyl shower liner- which works well- but which would need to
be taken back out to remove the pan. YUCK!
Is the trap accessible from below? There's a large sheet metal box
mounted below the belly skin and between the wheel wells. Does this
protect the fresh water tank, or? Would it's removal expose my leak? It
too appears to be a pain to take out, but I'll do it if I need to.

Thanks again- I don't know what I'd do without all of your wise
council(s)..

Chris