Re: [VAL] vexing plumbing leak

Hi Chris, glad you found it.  I had a similar situation with the PVC
drain line near the shower in back and I figured out that the pipe must
have cracked open from flexing of the trailer frame as I went over an
unexpectedly severely rough rail crossing.  As I recall, ther was water
in the black waste tank at the time, exacerbating the effect.  (Another
lesson learned--drain rear tanks before hitting the road if *at all*
possible).  Took a little to find as the leak only appeared when water
was being used.  I repaired the cracked line with a piece of rubber
flexible tubing so as to eliminate future problems associated with frame
flex.  And by the way, no I do not have tail droop--the Airstream frames
seem to have just enough flex, esp. on a longer coach (mine is 30") to
cause this to happen.

Good luck with your repair!

John