RE: [VAL] vexing plumbing leak

Chris,
I've had a '60 and a '68 and neither had any water pipes run under the floor
or inside the wheelwells.  Hopefully someone on the list can verify how the
'79s were put together but I wouldn't remove the belly skin until it it
confirmed that the pipes were run outside of the trailer.  I believe they
are all inside to help protect and prevent freezing.

Most likely your problem is in a line going to the kitchen assuming your
sink etc. are on the curb side like most trailers.  I would suspect that it
is leaking inside, running to the edge of the floor then down through the
belly.  It doesn't take much of a leak to manifest itself in this manner.
You should be able to gain access to most of the water pipes by going under
and behind the cabinets on the curb side.  If it is intermittent I would
suspect a joint connection vice a crack or broken line.  However, the leak
may be constant but running to a different location depending on the
attitude of the trailer while parked.

Pete