Re: [VAL] vexing plumbing leak

    Chris
    I re-plumbed a 79 about a month ago.
The water lines are inside. The leak is probably coming from a busted line
that runs across the top of the wheel well. It's easier to cut the line inside
and remove/replace than it is getting the wheel well out. Just fixed one of
those too.
The wheel well is a plastic and the water line runs over it, when you run your
new water line, (I use PEX) put it in foam insulation. You can slide the PEX
in it then since both are flexible you can slide it in at one time. If you
leave some of the copper line there are PEX fittings that you can put on there
to save yourself some work, but once you start you'll probably want to change
it all.
Bobb