Re: [VAL] Event in Colorado Springs

Greetings Bebe!

Something to consider if you happen to want to spend some
time in Colorado Springs would be a camping cabin at the
Garden of the Gods campground -- they are relatively close
to the parking area where the rest will be parked.  Last
year, my tow vehicles both were stranded in repair shops so
I attended without trailer and would have rented one of the
cabins had one been available on such short notice.  See:

http://www.coloradocampground.com/index.cfm?var_file=cabin.html

I will be leaving very shortly with my Minuet in-tow.  While
the Cadillac was the intended tow vehicle, inspection turned
up a tire with tread separation yesterday so it will be
sidelined for a week or more while a replacement tire is
ordered (the tires don't have any more than 500 miles on
them).  This time, the Suburban was fully-prepped in
anticipation of potential problems so it will be providing
the pulling power.

There will only be three of us in attendance with Argosy
coaches -- one Motorhome, an Argosy 20 and my Minuet -- the
Minuet and Argosy 20 are nearly twins other than width.

I am sure that you will enjoy your visit to the Rally.  It
is a slightly different experience when attending without
your coach, but it is still a great experience and one of
the premier Vintage activities.

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado
Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)