[VAL] WBCCI dues, etc. and running at large

We've decided that we will not be staying with our Unit this for the next year
and maybe beyond that.  What we've decided to do instead is to keep the
membership in the WBCCI and possibly then become associate members of a few
other Units instead.

Since we already have dogs in our family we will be "running at large" in the
WBCCI for the future.  I think it's kind of appropriate that we will be
"running at large" with our animals since we've had the unfortunate
opportunity to meet some real *dog haters* since the last big rally in
Springfield, MO.  We'd given some thought to dropping out of our Unit before
now and the experience at and after the international rally cemented those
thoughts.

I'd like to get some idea of just how many others are members of the WBCCI
only that don't belong to any Unit in particular.  I realize that we won't get
go 'vote' at times being an associate and not a full-fledged member of any
Unit but we can live with that.

It is my sincere hope that the future will bring a changing of ideas to the
"old guard" at the WBCCI - if that doesn't happen than I'm afraid that the
days of the 'old' way of doing things at WBCCI are surely numbered.  I know
I'm not alone in my thoughts - but perhaps I'm just one of very few who would
say so publicly.  Maybe yes, maybe no as far as that goes.

After meeting with some very frustrating situations at the international rally
and *not* ever receiving even one satisfactory solutions we've decided to just
"run at large" with our dogs.

Wonder if we could make a bumper sticker saying, "Running at Large with the
B-I-G dogs - WBCCI".  Considering all the hoopla and fuss made by a minority
about "dogs at large" in general it might be time for such a 'sign of the
times'.

How many others will also be "running at large" next  time around?

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303