Re: [VAL] Re: Towing without and Equalizing hitch

My Grand parents towed their trailer with their 1955 Chrysler on Wally Byam
Caravans without an equalizing hitch,  and through the years I have towed my
vintage Airstreams without equalizing hitches and I have had a trailer blowout
and at another time a rear wheel blow out on the tow car and have not lost
control.  The manual over ride on the electric breaks kept everything straight as
an arrow.  I would not consider towing a SOB trailer without one but A/S's
are perfectly balanced the vintage ones from the fifties and the small newer
ones are so
light,  who wants to man handle the spring bars if you have a solid tow
vehicle?   With an A/S
I like the fact that I can just drop the trailer on a moments notice and not
hurt my poor ol' back grunting with equilizer springs.  Am I going to need a
Hensely hitch to tow the Bambi I'm looking at?
Vanessa Dillon
1952  Cruiser
1956  Flying Cloud
1958  Overlander