Re: [VAL] Air conditioner question / TV antenna needed

Hi Bebe,

In doing some of my research the other day I seem to recall that only the
Airstream trailers that had an air-conditioner installed originally from the
factory had those drain tubes up until the late 60's.  If I'm not mistaken
it wasn't until the early 70's that Airstream began installing drain tubes
at the factory whether an air-conditioner was installed or not.

Therefore, I'd say that your trailer does not have any internal drain tube
*unless* it also originally had an air-conditioner installed but you say
that is not the case.

In older Airstream trailers when air-conditioners were installed after they
were built outside of the factory wiring was run from the power panel to the
air-conditioning unit.  I suppose that would be similar to what is called
"on wall wiring" today.  You can still do a neat installation with the "on
wall wiring" that would compliment your trailer interior.

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303