Re: [VAL] Propane Conservation

Hi Y'all,
A few more tricks.  To check how much propane you have,  pour some hot water
over
in a stream the top of you tank and wait a few moments, then feel your way
down.
The top part of the tank will feel warm and when it starts feeling cold or
cooler, that
is the level of propane left.  Also to gauge how  long your propage will
last, a gallon of propane has about 95,000 BTUs in it.  If your furnace burns
35,000 an hour a gallon will last about 2 and 3/4's hours running full blast.  I
water heater burns at about
10,000 BTUs and a gas refrig. 1,500 to 2,000 BTU's.

I too like the old pilot water heater in my trailer.  I turn the temp down to
above warm
and I always have hot water and it rarely ever turns on.
Vanessa
1952  Cruiser
1958  Overlander