[VAL] Propane Conservation

Folks:

I'm planning on taking my family on a month long trek this summer and am
in the process of getting our '68 Overlander ready.  I wanted to pass on a
little trick my father told me about that really works well.  I fired up
the hot water heater, brought it up to temp then turned it to pilot light
only.  Allowed it to sit over night, in rainy 55 degree Oregon spring
weather, checked the temp 24 hours later, and it was nice and hot, just
hot enough to wash dishes or use the shower.  In fact if it was much
warmer it would have been too warm to keep my hand under the faucet.  Many
of you may already be aware of this little gem of advice and it may not
work for everyone, but it worked well in our trailer.  It may only keep it
warm for a few days before having to fire up the heater again, but I
figure I just save 2 days worth of propane, on the other hand, it may keep
it at a nice warm temp indefinitely.  Give it a try, see if you don't save
some propane.

Regards,

David Pfeffer