Re: [VAL] Economical Tow Vehicles

Vanessa,

You can put a super-charger on a gasoline engine and a *turbo-charger* on a
diesel engine.  To put a turbo-charger on a gas engine you'd have the
exhaust gases power it.  That isn't very practical but I imagine it could be
done but for what reason I don't know.

The super-charger is engine powered by the crankshaft and packs air into the
engine - and then you just pour lots of fuel in to get the correct air/fuel
ratio.

At one time I asked if you could put *both* a super-charger and a
turbo-charger on the same engine; I was told sure, but what for? ;))

That Volvo you refer to with a turbo-charger; with that kind of mileage are
you talking diesel engine here?

Tom
WBCCI 5303