[VAL] Wayne Re: Vintage Airstream Club International

Wayne,

Here's a simple (yeah, right!) solution to the problem of 4 individual areas
for VAC members.

Supply 30-amp service to ALL dog and non-dog VAC areas.  Now you would be
down to just 2 parking areas.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my understanding that the Club took in over
$40k to the good from the Vermont Int'l Rally.  True or not?

Out of $40k to the Club, how much of that would need to be spent so that
*everyone* including those with pets and without, could have 30-amp service
for the entire Int'l Rally?

Things change over time as you've alluded to below.  Our trailers and our
*earned and paid for* creature comforts demand electricity - especially in
the Summer-time where July 4th is always hot no matter where in the USA  you
live short of on a mountaintop.

With a country as L-A-R-G-E as the good old U S of A it is difficult to
imagine that our Club can't find an area where we wouldn't have to be split
up and parked as far away as 1/2 mile from each other.  Can't they do this ?
? ?

Another issue that we've heard about here is that there will be NO bus
transportation from the trailer parking areas TO the rally (convention)
site.  Is everyone supposed to just pile in lots of cars, trucks and SUVs to
the convention center?  How can a "small" issue like "no bus transportation"
be overlooked this far in advance ? ? ?

How many area will non-VAC members be parked in?  Three?  Four?  More?  Will
each of these sites also then be further split up into 30-amp and 3-amp
service?

Will EACH parking area have a "doggie row?"  Where are dog owners "allowed"
to take their animals to relieve themselves?  Will waste containers be
provided in those "doggie row" areas so that the owners who MUST (and better
as well) pick up after their animals?  I can't imagine not having frequently
emptied waste containers available in July, in Missouri where it does get
hot.  I've been in Kansas in July and it was HOT so I'm not expecting much
cooling breezes short of a storm coming to pay us all a visit (which we can
do without, thank you very much!).

In short, my dogs need to know this stuff so they can tell me.

Thanks!

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303