Re: [VAL] Wheels and tires for 1960 Traveler

We just had the wheels and tires replaced on our  1960 Tradewind.It had the
split rims, so I just took one of the old wheels to the tire shop, I use a tire
service  that does commerical tires as they are about the only ones willing to
do split rims.  I left the wheel with them, they matched the wheels, installed
the tires, balanced the tire on the rim and installed them on the trailer for
$363.00. That was for 3 rims and 2 tires. I had a new tire for the spare, as we
had a blowout bringing it home. Don't spare expense when it comes to wheels,
tires, brakes or running gear.  Blow outs on a single axle are no fun.
Good luck and have fun, Hope to see you on the road.
Regards,
Chuck & Lynn
1965 Overlander
1960 Tradewind