Re: [VAL] Re: Tankless Water Heater

Dr G,

I agree with your thoughts you posted below.

My home plumbing is all copper pipe, no insulation around any of them.  My
home is built of 2" x 6" framing so it's pretty warm in the winter and cool
in the summer.  We have a 2-story house with an attached 2-car garage.  The
lower story has a bigger 'foot print' than the upper level.  We have 4
bedrooms and 3 baths, the kitchen and laundry room both have sinks and of
course there is a dishwasher.

I don't have any really long runs of pipe to get hot water to any point in
my home since the piping goes up and down through the centerline of the
house.  I won't have any additional problems getting hot water TO an outlet
like a sink or shower, kitchen, etc.  I really don't see any problem for me
personally with this new type (to me) of hot water system.

I've talked to others who lived in upstate NY and they had the tankless
heaters and loved them.  I have friends in TN who want to know how mine does
because they have the Jacuzzi type of bathtubs that "take forever" to get
enough hot water in, etc.

For me, this will be a great system that is guaranteed for life - my
lifetime I hope! ;)  The entire system can be rebuilt onsite, parts can be
FedEx'd overnight as promised, etc.

I am paying no more money for this new tankless system than I would for a
lifetime Whirlpool 50-gallon water heater from Lowe's.

I will be paying LESS money for electricity due the fact that I'm not
keeping a big tank of water 'hot' when there's only 2 of us and our dogs at
home.

I do look forward to about a $25.00 per month or more in savings on my
electric bill.

What's NOT to like -- for me ???

Tom