[VAL] 1962 was the 30th Anniversary ...

Fred wrote:  "1962 was the 30th Anniversary for Airstream trailers, but that
doesn't help me guess whether the factory or a former owner painted your
name script gold..."

Hmmmmm...THAT'S interesting.  My Tradewind is a '62, and it came with a gold
painted frame and tanks, gold anodized panels on the outside, and a (dig
this) gold metalflake bathtub in the starboard quarter!  This anniversary
business might just be the first solid lead to an explaination of why mine
has the golden extras and, so far, nobody else's does.

Thanks, Fred, you've inadvertantly lit up and old light bulb in my brain.

Mark in Modesto
1962 gilded Tradewind