[VAL] Airstream Logo

As I've mentioned before, the "Tramper" logo says:  Globe rotter   &
we have been searching for either a "T" or a complete Globetrotter
logo.  And this is what I've discovered:

Our 1962 Globetrotter logo is made of a plastic sort of material and
is painted gold.  The writing slants upward and it appears to have
been written together (GlobeTrotter).  However, on a '64 I saw a
silver logo that appeared metal and it was written as 2 words instead
of 1 (Globe Trotter). Did Airstream change the color & material of the
logo & were some years written together & others as 2 words ?

Now, those of you who are thinking: "is this woman nuts !  Who cares!"
 please be patient.  We are absolute year-for-year "purists" on our
Model T's & we want Tramper as original as possible without spending a
fortune and in line with safety & comfort. There seem to be no
"restoration guides" for what was correct or not correct so I'm asking
you as my experts !

Here's the basis for my delima (I majored in English but spell like I
talk so forgive me):  Because you can see the outline of where our "T"
was on the aluminum,  yesterday, I was able to cut & paste a
globetrotter logo from the internet and enlarge so that the T fit the
outline exactly.  Then cut it out of styroform & have directions from
an auto restoration show how to make a mold to create plastic
replacement parts.  This mold making could get as expensive as buying
the complete Globe Trotter logo Ronnie located that is metal but whose
chrome in not in good shape.  Ease or experiment ?

Advice -- Comments -- suggestions ?

(Oh, would you believe that we found a 1970 Globetrotter 20 miles from
us for very very little -- by this afternoon we may have 2! Is there
such a thing as Airstream fever?)

In His Grip,

Anne