RE: [VAL] plans for new Airstream motorhomes

We would consider buying an Airstream motor home ONLY if it had a highly
efficient Turbo Diesel with Hybrid electrical capability to eliminate all
the redundant electrical stuff that weighs down current units.  Such hybrid
diesels have been in test by Federal Express for several years now.

Matter of fact GM has a hybrid Sierra that turns off whenever the truck
stops and auto starts.  Saves a lot of gas in traffic.  And good gas mileage
is job 1 for vehicle designers these days.

> by Fleetwood that had 2 slide-outs for both the dining area and
> the bedroom I have designed in my mind what I feel would be the "perfect"
> travel trailer for lots of people made by Airstream.

I'd love to see it, but keep in mind that I am a minimalist.  There are a
wide variety of RV coaches out there in the 22 - 23 foot length range that
have slide outs and features rivaling the best Airstreams.

> I would call this the Airstream Double-wide Slide.  Can you imagine the
looks of > people when they SEE an Airstream travel trailer that is
*double-wide* in
> disguise? ;))

I am dubious whether such a double wide would be very comfortable without
the slider out.  Even one 3' slider can make navigation through the coaches
quite difficult.  Two 3' slide outs in opposition could barely make a 24"
corridor.  Great idea for skinny people.  Doubtful for mass marketing.

If you want to open this up . . . then let lots of designer in. I will
volunteer.

One thing we certainly do agree on is that the Airstream RV should start
with an energy efficient Turbo diesel power plant.

Best luck in your quest.  Keep us posted.

Bob Kiger
www.cruiserbob.com