Re: [VAL] plans for new Airstream motorhomes

Hi Bob,

The double-wide slider Airstream only exists in my imagination. ;)  It's not
a nightmare but rather a pleasant daydream that got me thinking when I saw
those big motorhomes with their slide-outs on our last trip.

I imagine having the holding tanks on one side of the frame to balance out
the extra weight of the "double-wide slide" that would go the full length of
the trailer.  Now, that would be something else, wouldn't it? ;)

You'd need a real hoss of a truck to pull this design of mine but what the
heck if you can afford the ever rising cost of fuel these days.  In it's
favor would be the fact that you could have a large family all under one
roof -- now I'd have to come up with a truck or SUV that would hold that
large family as well! ;)  It can be done I'm sure but so far it's only a fun
thing to think about when I've got nothing better to do.  The weight of all
the extra support needed for the huge wide slide-out would need to be made
of lightweight alloy which would only drive up the cost of production --
maybe China could give me a price break and send back some of the "scrap"
metal we've sent over there. ;)

Another fun idea would be to see an older Airstream that would have it's top
"popped" up to allow the feel of an atrium inside like in grand hotel
lobbies.  Would this be called a top slider? ;)

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303