[VAL] plans for new Airstream trailers

I read in the Airstream magazine that I recently subscribed to that the
Airstream company is coming out with a new classic motorhome.  This is great
news as the fiberglass motorhomes just aren't the same as the older aluminum
classics were.  I only wish that they'd consider using a *diesel-powered*
engine rather than the gas hog that is currently planned.  The chassis will be
from Chevrolet as far as I know which is referred to as a work-horse in the
article.

Now, I've also got an idea for a new style classic "bullet" all aluminum
Airstream travel trailer. ;)

We just spent nearly 4 weeks on the road with our Airstream classic Excella
with the wonderful Front Kitchen design -- we love that design and wonder how
in the world we ever got by with any other floorplan.  The longer we spend
time in the 34' Excella FK the more we love it.  The washer/dryer combo
machine is also a plus that we never want to do without again.  Enough said.
;)

After viewing and touring other RV's recently which included a huge motorhome
by Fleetwood that had 2 slide-outs for both the dining area and the bedroom I
have designed in my mind what I feel would be the "perfect" travel trailer for
lots of people made by Airstream.

What I've got in mind is not simply 1 slide-out as is currently offered.  What
I'd love to see in production would be a 34' classic aluminum "bullet" where
the entire side "slides out" to make loads of extra space!  I would call this
the Airstream Double-wide Slide.  Can you imagine the looks of people when
they SEE an Airstream travel trailer that is *double-wide* in disguise? ;))

Anyone got Dickie's email address?  I'd love to discuss my idea for a really
unique Airstream with him.  What do you think?

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303