Re: [VAL] Re: WBCCI acceptance of other trailers

I would argue that many if not all Airstreams with only a Black Water tank
could be interpreted to be "fully self contained", at least if this was
their only shortcoming.  If I remember correctly, the Owners Manual for our
'66 Overlander (now gone, so I can't check) stated that if "wash water"
(gray water) needed to be captured, all you had to do was cap the outlet and
open the valve from the waste (black) tank and the wash water would back up
into that tank.  Of couse this tank didn't have the capacity of today's
trailers, but it could get you by in a pinch for a couple of days if you
were miserly with water.  (I never did find out the capacity of that tank,
as it was not listed in the owners manual - I always guessed it was in the
10-15 gallon range.)

I do understand how a Wee Wind might fail the "fully self contained" clause
on more points than lack of a gray water tank, however (i.e. lack of fresh
water tank, black water tank, 12V electrical system, LP refigerator, etc.).

Joe