Re: [VAL] Re: WBCCI acceptance of other trailers

David:

    There is a resolution out there somewhere working its way to the
Board to remove the "fully self contained" requirement in the
Constitution.  As presently written, my legacy 1948 Wee Wind would not
qualify me for WBCCI membership because it was not "fully self
contained" as that term might be interpreted and applied today.  Heck,
any Airstream built before wash water tanks were installed around
1973/74 may not meet a strict interpretation of "fully self contained",
thus "dismembering" much of the VAC (I hope not to give anyone bad ideas
here).  So I wrote to my Region 11 officials, who independently proposed
an amendment deleting the "fully self contained" requirement from the
WBCCI Constitution.

    I think Colin had in mind the 1936 Airstream Clipper as a more
interesting trailer than a Torpedo to have plans for, not a C-w or SS
Clipper.

     A C-W Clipper qualifies its owner for WBCCI membership under
current WBCCI policy because Wally worked at C-W and a hand in that
trailer's design while at C-W.  But a similar Clipper built by the
later, legally-unrelated asset purchasing company, Silver Streak (not a
successor company to C-W in a legal sense of the word) does not qualify
its owner for WBCCI membership.  That's my understanding after talking
to Kathy Adams at HQ.

Fred Coldwell