RE: [VAL] Re: WBCCI acceptance of other trailers

Joe,

Very good point! Some of the Airstreams being made today have a combined
black & grey water tank and so are only different from many vintage units in
that regard because of increased capacity. The Owner's manual instruction
for capturing wash water wasn't in all Owner's manuals though. It is in the
manual for my '66 Overlander, but it isn't in the manual for my '66 Globe
Trotter. The reason? The black water holding tank in my Globe Trotter is
above the floor and if wash water is backed up into the holding tank, it
will also back up into the shower drain pain because they are at the same
level. Yuck! The holding tank for the Overlander though is below floor level
and so the shower/tub drain is higher. Still, if the black tank gets
overfilled, the waste will then back up into the shower/tub. I suppose some
sort of plug could be retrofitted into the shower/tub drain to safeguard
against that happening. Which leads me to wonder what safeguard exists in
current Airstreams to keep black water from backing up into the shower/tub
when its waste tank is full?

Forrest