Re: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V2 #185

> My questions are simple:
> 2.  Where can you get those little slide things that hold  window curtains in
> the grooves over the windows so I can make those too  (with everything else
> we're replacing, we can't afford to have them made  by that nice guy in Florida
> right now) ?  Not going to describe what  is there now but Mardi Gras beads
> blowing in the breeze comes to  mind ?

Check out your local fabric store. We have a 62 in our shop for work that
used those chrome buttons you have to hold the top of your jeens together
used as curtain sliders. They seem to fit well and work great.

> My husband Ronnie's questions are more technical:
>
> 1.    Can you and/or how can  you replace the  rubber seals that go around
> the outside of the windows -- ours are hard as a  rock and broken off in many
> places & we are afraid that it could cause  leakage.

Check out www.airstreamdreams.com . They have what you need for window
gaskets.

> 2.    What do you suggest for a leaking dump  valve.  Ours seems to not close
> properly/completely.  Is there a  fairly easy fix ?

If it's the original brass valve, remove it from the bottom of the holding
tank and disassemble. There are an assortment of "O" rings that dry out and
crack. I picked them up at our local True Value Hardware store for a couple
of bucks. They had to make two of them.

> After shaking  your head and thinking, "one more idiot who doesn't  know what
> they are doing",  please remember that everyone has to start  somewhere and
> we are not about to give up and put the "Tramper"  on Ebay as someone suggested
> yesterday.  In fact, if we can fix that  dump valve, we're going to take it
> to Chickasha, Oklahoma, to a pre-war  auto swap meet on Wednesday.

Be sure to check the perimeter of the floor, front and back, next to the
wall for rot. The body of the trailer is connected to the chassis through
the floor so any issues there must be addressed. If there is any significant
rot in those areas, you have a flexi flyer and rivets will be popping all
over.
Good luck with it.
Colin Hyde