RE: [VAL] Battery Charging or lack thereof

Hear! Hear! Dr G.

As a minimalist by nature, I have learned to leave a fan running when I go
off for errands and maybe a fluorescent light and the stereo for my dog,
Maile's company.  In short I leave things that do not pose a threat of
overheating or fire.  I do so just to keep exercising the batteries.  I
don't believe in just careless use of power.  We as Airstreamers should be
at the cutting edge of how to get the most from the least.  I would love to
have a $2500 electrical system but my priorities are fixed to my income.
First I want a new hitch for my Ford E200 so it can pull in an emergency . .
. and so on.

Having friends with expertise, like you on the Airstream list makes me feel
that I am in good hands.  I thank you for all the electrical wisdom that you
have unselfishly shared over the years.

Bob Kiger