[VAL] Spare Tire Carrier

Thanks to all for the information provided on our '66GT spare tire carrier.
The spare is the same brand and size as the other wheels - 7.00 x 15" bias
trailer tires on what appears to be the original wheels. Our Prowler has
225/70/15 radials that are wider and lower profile. The weight distribution
hitch I have is a new Eaz-Lift unit. I am no expert, but the quick hookups
already on the GT frame matched perfectly to that unit, so I would guess
the Airstream system is close. If I can figure a way around the quick hook
up clearance problem, I think this spare tire frame is a much better
alternative to doing any underbody modifications. Reading all of your posts
in the past also indicates a rear carrier is not a good idea because of the
added weight in the back which apparently can cause some frame issues.

If any of you would like to see a photo of this frame, e-mail me off list
and I will send you a couple of shots. As far as I can tell, the only
modification necessary was moving the LP bottles forward.

Mark Pate
'66 GT
'50 Spartan Mansion
'92 F350 PS