Re: [VAL] Insurance Appraisals for Vintage?

I too would like to find some way to get a realistic value established on my
65 Iradewind at the I have it insured for $7500.00 that wiuld be only a very
small portion of what i have in it. Plus I have done all the work on it.I have
not kept reciepts on the expences that I have spent on it (If I had any ida
how much I have spent I would probably blow my breans out) When I talk to the
Insurance co I am reminded that it is an old trailer with no blue book value.My
answere is a 1930 Ford modleA rodster cost less than $600.00 but now has a
market value of $30K and can be insured and financed for a similar value.
These trailers are now becoming reconised as Classics by their owners.What
does it take to get the Insurance industry to reconise the differance between a
junky old trailer and a restored classic.
As an example the 54 Liner that is being given away by the time the present
owner has it fully restored will probaly repersent an Investment of between
$10and $20 k. but it is still a 54 trailer.
An answere please...............
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross)
1992 Dodge Cummins Diesel