Re: [VAL] Insurance Appraisals for Vintage?

An answer ? You want an answer ?

What is this? Are you thinking of wrecking the Albatross for
  the insurance money ? You'll never get away with it.

You can insure anything for anything you want, like
starlet's legs and Liberace"s fingers, but the premiums will
kill you. For example, your household contents insurance is
not going to cover the Picasso, it will just get you another
painting for over the sofa.

Now in my case, since I live in it, I should have a lot of
insurance, I would be out on the street. No wait, I can go
get the 54 liner and get going on that...hummmm

But, for most folks, our trailers are expensive toys, and
even if we spend too much money on them, I wonder if it is
realistic to expect it to be an investment. No matter how
fancy I make this trailer, there are still lots of other
1973 trailers out there that can be had for more or less
what I paid for it. Maybe we should think of the value in
terms of the fun we had fixing it up, rather than admitting
that it is sort of a financial black hole. Shhhhh.

I'm calling Foremost in the morning.

daisy