Re: [VAL] Crunched Bambi.....

Colin,

I'd take it on as a project to see what could be done with it to get it back
to nearly what it was -- but the killer of the whole process is this -- "Is
the frame still square?"  That is, do the original measurements still match
today after the wreck?  Frankly, I doubt it.

He says it tows okay -- by whose standards?  He says you can just hammer it
out, replace the front seating and add a window and voila ! you've now got a
$45,000 Airstream you've always dreamed about.  Well, back before we owned
the 2 Airstreams we now have we used to dream also but it wasn't about a
*wrecked* Airstream that could simply be hammered out and then you'd be good
to go.  Who's got the time to fix this mess other than someone who's in the
field and does it for a living or who is already retired from their day job?

This seller is spinning a good yarn but I bet you dollars to donuts that the
minimum bid will NOT be met and you will then see this wrecked Airstream
back up for auction in maybe a week or two.  After all, I don't think he's
got anywhere near as much in this "diamond in the ROUGH" as he claims it
would take to, "Git 'er done!" ;))

Tom
WBCCI 5303