Re: [VAL] Crunched Bambi.....

Tom,
I think you're right. He estimates $1,600 in labor @ $10/hr which leaves 160
hours to do the job. You'd be very hard pressed to find a guy that is
skilled in Aircraft fab and repair for $10/hr. I also would question the
$4,000 estimate for the materials as most of them would have to come
directly from Airstream at a nice mark-up. What is obviously wrecked is
probably only 50% of what really needs to be replaced. Many of the ribs are
tweaked, interior & exterior skins are done, even if there is a minor
blemish, and you would end up with a trailer with a salvage title which
greatly reduces it's value. I'm sure it's worth the approx $800 it's sitting
at now but it hasn't met the reserve yet. Based on his guestimate of having
a "$45,000" dollar trailer for less than 10K leads me to believe that he
hopes for around 4-5K. It probably sold at auction for 1-2K. It would be an
interesting "project" though.
Colin Hyde
WBCCI, VAC 10247
GSM Vehicles Inc