RE: [VAL] '63 Overlander New Axle with Disc Brakes

Greetings Jo ann!

You are in a similar situation to what I am running with my '78 Argosy
Minuet 6.0 Metre - - it has a GVWR or 3,250 pounds, but typically scales out
at 3,100 pounds when I am ready to travel.  I feel very confident in its
drum style electric brakes since it is outweighed by any of my current tow
vehicles.  Since I want to tow my Overlander periodically with my Vintage
Cadillac (that only weighs about 600 pounds less than the Airstream), I want
the very best braking system (high capacity with reduced fade) for the
Overlander to allow for towing in that situation.  Also, since the
Overlander will need new axles before I take my next major trip with that
coach, it makes the disc brake upgrade more desirable since much of the
disassembly must be done as part of that procedure.

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International
1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible
(8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
WBCCI/VAC #6359