Re: [VAL] tambor

Tom,

The new cloth backing ends approx 1 inch from each end. However the poor
overall condition of the tambor ends may be the culprit. I used soap to help
lubricate the tambor and the slides, but will try silicone. I also did
notice that the bottom spiral is slightly elevated in relation to the
straight track. So I filed the edge down slightly so that the tambor would
be less likely to catch. All the tambor is now working very well with the
exception of the two large horizontal ones.

Daisy, I got the two smaller horizontal doors working as close to perfect as
I imagine they can be. One door is the short but wide door just below the
sink, and the other is another short door below the oven. Neither of these
two doors currently has a bottom spiral. The tambor is easily accessed once
you break the rivits holding the lower tracks in place. (take out the lower
tambor track on the lower door first, let it drop down then take out the
lower track on the upper tambor). I just used a screw driver and gave it a
couple of hits with a hammer. On reassembly I drilled a hole and used an
extra brown screw. You would not notice it unless you were looking for it.

Scott - leaving Florida Friday AM under protest. Headed for Ohio.