Re: [VAL] tambor

Well,

I almost have all the tambor rebuilt and reinstalled. The vertical doors
work great. However the horizontal ones are still a problem. Even so they
are better than they were. I will try some silicone spray when I get back
home in a few days. In the meantime I will have to be careful. I noticed
that the kitchen gadget door (just below the sink) has only one black
spiral, and that is on the top. I tried removing the bottom spiral for the
small door below the oven and it seemed to help, however it the lack of it
seems detrimental to the larger doors.

It amazes me that before rebuilding that they worked at all. The paper board
backing was very stiff, the stuff did not bend, it just broke. I had to
break them apart in order to get them to flex at all. The tambor seems to be
made of masonite with a plastic laminated surface.

Scott