Re: [VAL] Is: River Shaver for loan Was: Rivet Shaver

Glyn,

Congrats...I think you made a wise choice.  I'm curious...how do you intend to
do the cutting?  You might take a look at Harbor Frieght's 'nibblers'...they
have air powered and hand powered and might just make the cutting a bit easier
on the surrounding metal than trying to cram a pair of snips in there.

Whatever method you use, be sure to avoid sharp V's in the corners, which can
encourage cracks and splits to grow.  Always better to round the corners and
remove any little chinks with an old file.  You can preload the teeth of a
file with chalk to help keep the aluminum from lodging in them too.

Good luck,

Mark in Modesto