[VAL] Washing my polished '76 Tradewind 25'

About three years ago I stripped and polished my Airstream. On many
occasions after it got dirty I took it to either the 50 cent car wash or
a truck wash that caters to semi's. The harsh soap at one or both of
these places wrecked havoc on my polishing job so this past summer I
repolished it and haven't washed it since. My wife says its filthy but I
tell her I'd rather have it dirty than dulled, stained and streaked. She
therefore thinks I'm nuts.

Now to my question - somewhere under the dirt I hope there is still a
somewhat polished vintage Airstream - what should I use to was it? Dish
detergent and water? Vinegar and water? Any other suggestions? (Please
don't tell me liquid metal polish - my tired old arms can't handle it.)

Marvin Murray