[VAL] Our camping trips

We bought our trailer in May of 2003. The tin house literally did not turn
a wheel for a year. Didn't even bring it home! This year, we have made up
for lost time.

We started with a quick weekend in June, when we went to a Combined Drive
and volunteered. Trailer was great. Sure appreciated that bathroom. After
that, we went to Barkerville. That was well worth the trip. We are going to
go again when we can spend more time there, and when it is not pouring
rain! The weather was great during the day, just soft, but we found the
leaks in the roof that night. Sure appreciated the bathroom when it was
pouring buckets, pitch black, and I was not too sure where the bathrooms
were...

We also went down to the Kootenays, and visited with my hubby's relatives
that he has not seen in 18 years. That was grand. Spent a night in Nakusp
in the hotsprings, and that was beyond grand! I had never managed to get my
honey into water before (as in public) I dragged him in, then I had to drag
him out. It really helped his arthritis (duh!) In fact, we are going again
this weekend...

No sooner had we come back from that holiday, we went camping in Merritt
with my folks for thanksgiving. This was the first time that we used the
furnace, and it was sure fine to be nice and warm. We did make sure that a
vent was cracked. No worries about the windows, as they are far from tight.

We are going again this weekend coming up, and that might be it for this
year. But, we are thinking of closing up the house, and heading down to the
states for some of January. Maybe to California, or maybe over Texas way.
Not too sure.

We are going to have to figure out the cheap way of doing things, too.
Makes our money more available for doing fun stuff!

Sharon, in BC
1967 safari